ProControl Srl, whose headquarters are located in Castell’Arquato (Piacenza), Loc. Sforzesca, designs, manufactures and sells valve actuators with relevant control systems. Actuated valves are major control elements in refineries, pipelines and water distribution systems, sewage and effluent treatment plants and in all industries in which liquids or gases are transported through pipes. This includes compact manually operated gearboxes, large highly specified actuators for use in extreme temperature and hazardous environments.
Since its beginning, ProControl Srl has strived to research and utilize the most advanced technologies with a view to product excellence. ProControl today can be considered amongst the main suppliers in the field of heavy-duty actuators, systems and services, for motorisation and manual operation of all types of industrial and process valves and affiliated components.
ProControl Srl is committed to protecting the health and safety of it employees and protecting the environment, with particular care in the prevention of pollution, to the overall continuous improvement in providing a safe working environment for all its employees, independent contractors, suppliers and/or customers, and operates its facilities in a manner so to prevent harm to public health and the environment.
ProControl Srl seeks to conserve energy, water and raw materials, to use recycled products wherever possible and to reduce waste where appropriate. We strive within our community to insuring that our facilities do not pose unreasonable risks, and by participating in community activities related to Environment, Health & Safety (EHS). In all our activities we comply with all the existing applicable laws. ProControl Srl designs its products in a manner to eliminate unreasonable risks from the manufacture, use and disposal of the products.
Our products are used extensively in projects that greatly enhance or protect the environment. We do, however, recognise that in our day-to-day activities and operations we inevitably impact upon the environment through the consumption of natural resources.
ProControl is committed to the prevention of pollution, to compliance with all relevant legal and other regulatory requirements and to continuous improvement. In this way we are contributing to the protection of the environment. Accordingly, this Policy has been developed to outline ProControl’s intentions and expectation in managing our environmental impacts. In general ProControl goal is to:
- Meet or exceed the requirements of all relevant legislation in all areas of its operations
- Obtain ISO 14001: 2004 Environmental Management System in the near future
- Build on the significant waste recycling initiative
- Continue to adopt good environmental practice in new product development by designing energy efficiency into new products, which can also be re-used, recycled or disposed of safely
- Continue to review our operational impacts on the local environment, manage energy wisely in all our operations and minimise our consumption of water
- Continue to work with our suppliers to reduce packaging waste, our most significant impact, and to encourage them to improve their own environmental performance
- Build on the environmental awareness training to our employees to manage and reduce our operational impacts
- Seek to continuously improve our EHS performance
Through the global service network ProControl staff is able to respond quickly and efficiently at both local and international level. With the back up of representatives located throughout Europe, North and South America, in the Far East, Africa, Asia, Australia and the Middle East our customer support is second to none in our field.
ProControl adheres to an in-house assembly only philosophy of manufacturing that relies on a highly experienced and quality supply base for all components.
The Managing Director of ProControl Srl is responsible for implementing this Policy, and developing and maintaining a system designed to ensure compliance with this Policy and all applicable environment, health and safety laws and regulations.
The Managing Director and his delegates shall make all employees and suppliers aware of this Policy and the Company’s commitment to environment, health and safety excellence, and shall provide leadership regarding this Policy. Every employee is responsible for complying with this Policy.
Although the Managing Director and other management will provide leadership, direction and resources to support implementation of the Policy, compliance with the Policy and implementation of its terms is the responsibility of all employees.
More specifically, the ProControl Srl Management will
The Employees are responsible for
- Establish and implement an Environment, Health and Safety program that meets or exceeds all the ProControl Srl program expectations
- Hold managers and supervisors accountable for the EHS performance of their facilities and departments
- Ensure that managers, supervisors and employees receive the necessary education and training to understand their EHS responsibilities
- Maintain an open communication environment, in which employees feel free to raise EHS issues without fear of retribution, and in which managers and supervisors address employees’ questions and concerns promptly and thoroughly
- Provide the necessary resources and support to achieve these objectives
- Working safely in accordance with regulations, standards, and procedures
- Working in accordance with regulations, standards and procedures and in a manner which eliminates unreasonable risk to public health and the environment
- Notifying management of unsafe conditions of practices, unlawful activities and activities that present unreasonable risks to public health of the environment
- Reporting accidents, occupational illnesses, and safety and environmental incidents to management